Will Smith Scientology Is Will Smith A Scientologist | dailystab.com

smith.jpg

Will Smith just can’t get away from being linked to Scientology.  Here he sets the record straight with his response when asked by Newsweek to clarify if he is a Scientologist:

“No, but when people are afraid of religion they have to go back and get in touch with the Good Book. Fear of other religions means you’re questioning your own understanding, and that’s just not where I am.”

“I love the nature of humanity’s search for meaning. For me I’m certain about my relationship with the model of perfection of human life that’s laid out with the life of Jesus Christ. I’m certain of that. I’m at home and not fearful when I sit in a mosque or a synagogue or a Buddhist temple, the same way that I’m home in the Church of Scientology. I like anywhere people are searching for the truth, and I respect their path and I’m intrigued by their path.”

“I think when you are certain in and of what you believe in, you can open your mind to seeing the ways of others.”

Tags: , , ,

26 Responses to “Will Smith On Scientology” Subscribe

1. gumball December 6, 2008 at 1:04 pm #

Christ told him to stay away from Bethals.
    6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name? 7 Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the LORD is contemptible. 8 And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the LORD of hosts. 9 And now, I pray you, beseech God that he will be gracious unto us: this hath been by your means: will he regard your persons? saith the LORD of hosts. 10 Who is there even among you that would shut the doors for nought? neither do ye kindle fire on mine altar for nought. I have no pleasure in you, saith the LORD of hosts, neither will I accept an offering at your hand. 11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts. 12 But ye have profaned it, in that ye say, The table of the LORD is polluted; and the fruit thereof, even his meat, is contemptible. 13 Ye said also, Behold, what a weariness is it! and ye have snuffed at it, saith the LORD of hosts; and ye brought that which was torn, and the lame, and the sick; thus ye brought an offering: should I accept this of your hand? saith the LORD. 14 But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth unto the Lord a corrupt thing: for I am a great King, saith the LORD of hosts, and my name is dreadful among the heathen. Malachi

• Talia June 7, 2013 at 7:06 pm #

Oh Will, you need to seek what the book of Malachi means. He is a Messanger of God explaining to the people the high priests are not giving God what is rightfully his, and the people not following God with their soul. They are being punished for this. Quoting the Bible means nothing if you know not what it means. I am a Christian and I praise and speak of my savior Jesus Christ openly with everyone! I want everyone to find Christ before they die. Please scream out your love to God! Be more like Stephen Baldwin. I don’t support Scientology or their movies! So not seeing yours either. I figure enough others will.

2. Alex December 8, 2008 at 4:34 pm #

I don’t hate any religion but I am very weary of religions that center around the issues of scientology without actually professing it.

3. Superwoman December 29, 2008 at 5:38 pm #

If I were a Christian (believer in Jesus Christ), and someone was accusing me of belonging to a cult (i.e. Scientology et al), I would be HIGHLY offended and indignant and go out of my way to set the record straight. It has NOTHING to do with fear of “other religions.” It has to do with offending the Lord who I profess as my Savior. It’s along the lines of insulting my mother, but worse, because the Lord means everything to me. Will Smith seems like he doesn’t want to “offend” anyone, and in that frame of mind, he is offending everyone who professes Jesus as Lord. Either you are for Him and you aren’t. There is no pleasing everybody; middle of the road. Where do you stand, Will?

• The Mountain March 5, 2014 at 8:35 pm #

Amen! You don’t go with just WHATEVER! I am proud to say I have been saved by God’s wonderful Grace. He is the one and only GOD! All things come from the Lord Jesus Christ My Savior!

4. The Protector April 26, 2010 at 8:55 am #

Many people, primarily Christians from what I’ve seen, are afraid to
    explore other religions. The excuse is to “not offend Christ”, but the
    true reason is that people wonder if their religion is true, even when
    they believe it is. Christianity matches with many other religions
    closely, there is no reason to look down on them when you have your
    chosen one. As Will has said before, he follows World Religion, meaning
    he looks at it all and picks pieces from each. This is called being
    eclectic, and there is nothing wrong with that.

5. Kandata June 20, 2010 at 5:30 am #

Quite frankly, I find it juvenile that adults who are supposed to be
    so great and mature and all this nonsense are arguing so avidly about
    the topic of religion. Most of you with half a brain have probably
    already guessed that I’m an Atheist, if you did, you’d be correct.
    Moving on, do any of you comprehend how utterly ludicrous it is to
    care so much about someone else’s faith? I don’t hate belief in
    greater powers, or divine creators and what not, and I’m not offended
    by the same unless it’s pushed unto me by believers. Who cares if Will
    Smith is a Christian, Scientologist, Muslim, or a fucking Buddhist?
    Grow the fuck up and leave be what needs be left alone.

In short: Get a life.

6. natasha July 21, 2010 at 11:28 pm #

I completely agree with Will. I am a Christian and set in my beliefs, but that doesnt mean I’m not curious about other people’s religion. I think it’s fascinating some of the things people believe in. Wouldn’t mind sitting in on Scientology, because I think they are a complete joke and it would be amusing.

• C3S@5 January 19, 2014 at 6:39 am #

No the amusing part is religion itself! No doubtly I believe in nothing. I don’t know what athiasism is all about but I don’t care to know the least one bit. However I do believe human beings are in-fact a product of millions of years of evolution. And for 2014 n counting you’ve been fed a lie that their is a great creator because that’s the only way you can make sense of thing, life, hell the universe for that matter.I think it has to be of a simple matter that you/individual itself feels/knows he/she is unique so especial that in some level you feel some god had to create you. How else can you explain let alone except such a vast universe and little old you.. I’m all about evindence and if it makes sense. I do however have a comonlogy that of a religious person; kind hearted, respectful, humble, and happy. I can’t stand it when they say it’s in gods hands; no you idiots it’s simply he was in the wrong place at the wrong time or the Dr. did everything physically possible depending how smart that particular Dr. Is.

• The Mountain March 5, 2014 at 8:47 pm #

So Sad! How could any one deny God? The one and only God? One day every person who had a doubt will confess there is a God!

7. mr record straight October 19, 2010 at 4:28 pm #

how did he set the record straight? he said that he is “at home” in different churches even scientology? I dont like to be critical about things. I like to get both sides of the story but the side Ive heard about scientology is the side about xenu and the south park episode. ive search the internet and cant find anything except scientologist hiding or avoiding the questions. Hard to believe that such admired people like smith and cruise can believe such a story by a man that writes sci-fi. i guess its tru what they say ..just cuz he’s rich and famous dont mean he’s smart.

8. Set the record straight November 28, 2010 at 10:01 pm #

Get both sides of the story? If i wanted to find out about something i would go to the source? Have you tried that? One thing i would not do is judge something that i dont really know anything about but there you go thats just me. Alot of people who are critical of Scientology dont know anything about it just bits and pieces that they stick together to get a wrong impression of what it is and what it has to offer a person. People like to associate L.Ron Hubbard with being a sci-fi writer so they can easily dismiss Scientology. Heres an idea go read a Scientology book and see if there is anything in it or not rather than searching the internet for comments for and against it! I myself believe that any religion generally is a good thing in that it instills morals and ethics in the individual. I was born and raised catholic and i remember going to confession as a kid. I used to make stuff up rather than tell the things that i had really done about which i felt guilty or that i felt i should not have done or that i was ashamed off. Did i feel any better coming out? No! When i first went to Scientology( the reason i went was to get off drugs but thats another story) as part of the course i was doing i had to write up all the bad things i did, i dithered and draged it out and basically i wrote up all the lame stuff first and avoided the stuff i was really ashamed off, i really didn’t want to do it and just put off finishing the course for about 3days. Eventually i wrote them all out the really juicy ones and once i started it was like the gates opened and i got it all out. Then came the point i had to hand what i had written to the supervisor, i put this off too but handed it to her in the end and she started to read them, at this point i didn’t know if it was her or me that was going to faint lol. Then she said thank you for your write up and did not judge me or do anything that was the end of it. I have never felt such relief and unburdening in my entire life as i did that day, it was like a fresh start for me, a clean slate(thats not to say i was a major crime guy or anything but everyone thinks their own “sins” are the worst). Thats not all there is to Scientology, thats just one thing i thought i would tell people about it seeing as people seem to be lacking info. I could go on for ages talking about it but people who want to know about it should go to the source(read a book)and see if the material in it makes sense to them and if it can improve their life in anyway.

9. Set the record straight November 28, 2010 at 10:33 pm #

And just to set something else straight, the belief is the person is a spirit which they call a thetan, thats right a thetan is just another name for a spirit or a person its no more complex than that but the media like to put a spin on it and call it aliens lol if thats the case im an alien and so are you! And the belief is that the spirit has lived many lifetimes. L.Ron Hubbard was auditing people(auditing in laymans terms is asking a question which the person then looks for the answer in their past, the question could be as simple as Recall a time when you were happy or sad or angry or whatever pick one its just an example) and in the course of auditing people the more he did the more people were recalling to the point were they started recalling stuff from past lives. The emeter was invented and used to help people locate incidents in the past and in doing so also verified the existance of such. How the emeter works is basic but im not getting into it, all im trying to show is that it did not start out as a religion it was more of a science but once he had verified the existance of a spirit then that was that what else could it be but religious if its addressing the spirit? Anyway thats all im going to say on the subject if anyone wants to know more i suggest they read a book or go to an org and decide for themselves if its true for them or not. Scientology is not afraid of other religions it embraces them, why should a religion be afraid of another unless it doesn’t believe what its teaching in the first place right?

10. Maxine F. November 29, 2010 at 5:15 pm #

@setting the record straight; Scientology auditing is only a form of hypnotherapy. It is very simple really. As a licensed psychologist, I can tell you (based on true and real science) that these “memories” of past lives are only a form or regression therapy. Practicing this on people, without a degree or proper training, is very dangerous to the people you are claiming to help. I find it very sad that our government allows this to occur and that it is protected under the guise of religious freedom, when this operation would be shut down and charges brought if these exact techniques were practiced by a person outside of Scientology setting. Unfortunately, it amount to religious persecution when those of us in the real science fields express genuine concern for these mind altering tactics used by this cult. There is a very real and valid reason why this is not recognized as a religion in many other countries.

11. lalalalaaa December 6, 2010 at 10:16 am #

There is a huge difference between a cult and religion.

If you choose not be be say, a Lutheran Christian (just an easy example)
    if you one day decide that the belief-system is not valid, your former pastor
    isn’t going to expose anything you told him in private (if you even
    choose to share anything). If you try to leave Scientology, however, or any
    other cult, they will hunt your butt down, and use any information
    they may have gathered to ruin your life… and that’s if you can
    even escape in the first place.

I realize that fear and guilt are a huge part of monotheist tradition,
    but normally that guilt and fear doesn’t extend past thoughts of
    a possible afterlife. In a cult they use that fear and guilt
    to control your day to day actions, forcing you to do things in the
    moment that you may not really agree with. In that sense, Christianity
    (once again, easy example) could be considered cultish at certain
    points of its history.

A cult tries to strip a person of their personal identity, relationships,
    money, possessions, and peace of mind. If you somehow got caught up
    in something like that, which may have seemed very innocent at first,
    wouldn’t you want someone to try and save you? Not everybody wants help
    in those situations, but as human beings we need to at least offer.

Now, Will Smith’s and Tom Cruise’s version of Scientology is quite
    different from what the average person can expect to encounter. They
    are being handled; having celebrities associated with their “church”
    makes things seem on the up and up. I would love to
    see what would happen to Tom C if he ever tried to leave. I have a
    feeling we would see him spiral downward into insanity, eventually
    suicide, and most people would shake their heads and ask “Why?”

Out of every religion I’ve ever read about, only the one ran by that
    crazy child molester sounds more dangerous.

12. lalalalaaa December 6, 2010 at 10:19 am #

(Spelling fixes: the 2nd paragraph should read, “If you choose to be,
    say, a Lutheran….)

(The word religion in the last paragraph needs quotations marks.
    “Religion.” There.)

13. Set the record straight December 24, 2010 at 3:34 pm #

Dont know quite what you are trying to get at lalalalaaa but i will keep it simple. I have not been an active scientologist for around 2years i have not been hunted down or exposed or anything else? So what you on about lol. The proof of this(me not practicing Scientology) is that i am on here talking about it how many Scientologists will you find on the net talking about it – none. So from a personal experience i can tell you that none of what your talking about happened to me! I guess i must just be special right, up there in the ranks with tom and will lol? As i said before anyone who wants to find out about it and wants to see if it has anything to offer them just has to read a book and then take it or leave it, simples.

14. NotGullable December 29, 2010 at 9:54 am #

Set the record straight….
    ACTIVE isn’t the same as NOT being a scientologist. When you say it
    that way you make it sound more cultish than everyone believes. Active
    is for spies not religion. And when the hell did it become a full
    blown religion and not just the garnish on your already practiced
    religion. Everything you have written, to my eye, has seemed like
    you’re copying from a well prepared stock answer guide that your
    handlers have had you use. Step away and think for yourself in all
    things. ANONYMOUS is true.

15. Entrodamc January 30, 2011 at 4:58 pm #

Either Christianity or scientology a cult is a cult. Who cares which one he is a member of? Show up to the same place at the same time, service constructed in the same, donate a lot of money, reject others that do not believe the same as you…..etc.

• The Mountain March 5, 2014 at 8:41 pm #

That isn’t so. A lot of “Churches” only care about Money. A true Church is filled with people concerned with Souls, a preacher who doesn’t commit to being the pastor for his only source of income and not a planned Ceremony week to week.

16. jesus is gay February 3, 2011 at 1:12 pm #

and likes to put it in littles boy’s asses

17. Ellis February 16, 2011 at 7:44 pm #

122,500 dollars in a donation to the Church of Scientology is more than being curious or vaguely interested.

18. Mark May 31, 2013 at 11:05 am #

Let’s see; Smith funds a school in Calabasas CA that teaches Scientology.

Current movie (2013) “After Earth,” is based on story by Smith that is nothing but repackaged Dianetics.

Hmm …

I can’t imagine why anyone would think he is a Scientologist. Boggles the mind.

1. Miserably Happy Links | Celebrity Smack! Gossip & Entertainment Blog - December 8, 2008

[...] Will Smith on Scientology – DS [...]

2. StarLuxfashion - Celebrity Fashion, Style and Gossip - January 26, 2009

[...] Will Smith On Scientology [...]

3. Daily Keywords(2008-01-09) No.1 kinsey scale | How to Monetize the Traffic? - December 7, 2010

[...] Will Smith Scientology Is Will Smith A Scientologist … [...]