Tattoo Barbie Mattell Pics Pictures Video | dailystab.com

tattoo-barbie.jpg

Barbie has come a long way since she was first introduced 50 years ago.

With her latest style she is rocking the tattoos.  Yup, that’s right.  Tattoo Barbie.

The new “Totally Sylin Tattoos” Barbie has hit shelves just in time for spring and she’s already selling out in stores.  Mattel has just released “Totally Stylin’ Tattoo Nikki,” Barbie’s brunette version.

She comes with a set of tattoo stickers, which can be placed anywhere on her body.

The set also has a tattoo gun that’s similar to a water gun, so kids can stamp tattoos on her clothes and themselves.

Mattel says the tattoos for kids are temporary and wash off.

This is the second try for Mattel and the ‘Tattoo Barbie’ .  They released  “Butterfly Art Barbie” back in 1999.  She also came with tattoos for children and had a large butterfly tattoo covering her belly area.  She was pulled from shelves after four months of being on the market do to a large amount of complaints by parents.

Mattel says they have no plans to discontinue the doll saying she gives girls a chance to express themselves and be creative.

Tags: , ,

60 Responses to “Mattel Introduces Totally Stylin Tattoo Barbie” Subscribe

1. xyz March 4, 2009 at 9:07 pm #

Seriously…. never heard of butterfly art barbie?

2. Harry March 4, 2009 at 11:37 pm #

Once tats start showin’ up on Barbie, you know the trend must be over.

3. ima9ergirl March 4, 2009 at 11:54 pm #

They should just call her trashy barbie.

4. Rugrets March 5, 2009 at 5:23 am #

Mmm – skank barbie, nice. Does she come with a tramp stamp too?

5. Big Ken March 5, 2009 at 6:14 am #

Ken’s looking forward to Barbie & Nikki’s new trampstamp targets.

6. amy March 5, 2009 at 8:48 am #

I love the new tattoo barbie. It has been a tattoo barbie since 1960’s! That is the oldest one I could find. Take a look around in your community and see how many people you have around you with tattoos. In my community it is the minority that don’t have tattoos. People get tattoos for many reasons. If you don’t like don’t buy and let those who do like it be able to buy it. We are a free country at least the last time I look. I sure dont want somebody tell me when and what I can buy. I am proud to be a American. We fought long and hard for our freedom! I would like to continue to enjoy my freedom without being dictated to by some people fears.Children learn by what they see and hear! Think about that for awhile!

7. Dave March 5, 2009 at 10:15 am #

Huh…seems Barbie is all over the news. She turns 50, the tattoo thing here, and right now they are trying to make the sales of Barbie illegal in the state of West Virginia (something about false expectations of beauty for little girls yada yada yada)
    Still, when your six year old is proudly displaying her “tramp stamp” i suspect the world is over. Good luck Barbie

8. Tim March 5, 2009 at 10:36 am #

Mattel is paying attention. They create a toy that has a special feature that attracts the target market and publish it. More media like this is just prime, inexpensive marketing for the product. Anyone saying this product is not a good idea is someone the “kids/young hearted adults” love to rebel against. I think she’s cool and look forward to better tattoos coming out in later models for when I buy one for my grand daughter.

9. dirk alan March 5, 2009 at 10:41 am #

kat von d approved.

10. Mike Wood March 5, 2009 at 1:06 pm #

Tattoos have become more acceptable around the Western World despite the comments below. Get a grip dudes there are more Earth shattering events than a doll with tatts right now. Live & let live, I have none but truly appreciate the art and Freedom of Expression.

11. Jessica March 5, 2009 at 1:21 pm #

You know if young teenagers were still playing with Barbies I could see this being and acceptable concept. However this is not the case. AND its a totally unrealistic representation in order to make tattoos look cool and trendy. tattoos are supposed to mean something and be somewhat painful (based on how tough you are and where you’re getting it done) Please someone tell me how i’m supposed to tell my little girls that no they can’t have Tattoos? (they are 3 and 5)

12. Robbie March 5, 2009 at 2:27 pm #

Umm do you know how many temp tattoos i got in my child hood toys… yall are over reacting!! chill oout!!!

13. robbin March 5, 2009 at 2:45 pm #

wow. your all crazy if you think a little tattoo on a doll is going to cause ripples in your daughter’s perseption of her own body. what about the accual body of the doll. if you were really wo0rried about “false expectaions of beauty”, then have her play with trucks and never watch television. infact, mommy and daddy probly BOTH have tattoos so make sure to hide those till she’s 18. get real people. Trashy? Since when is an art trashy? The computer your sitting on has more trash on it to protect children from than any tattoo parlor you walk into. Dont be jelouse of a doll. Come on now.

14. Nic March 5, 2009 at 4:37 pm #

My mother has a tattoo, my father has three (he’s had the lion on his
    arm since before I was born), my brother has one, I have three and my husband
    has five.

I doubt that it is barbie who is going to make my three children think
    tattoos are acceptable and normal.

15. brian compton March 5, 2009 at 5:34 pm #

Next thing you know Mattel will have Barbie complete with Stripper attire, Mirrored stage with a poleand g-string panties and “real” dollars for Ken to slip into her panties. Nice Mattel!

16. Brenda Negrete March 5, 2009 at 6:11 pm #

Maybe instead of a ski lodge or malibu mansion she can have a tattoo parlor with a head shop in the back

17. Sondra White March 5, 2009 at 9:01 pm #

I just read some of these comments hahaha… It’s stickers, butterflies and hearts and cutise stuff, not bleeding skulls holding barbies favorite beer. It’s not like they are sending barbie home with a tatoo gun needles and all. Besides barbie has never really ben a poper young lady anyway, her skirts are to short, she never wares a seat belt and she dates every Ken she meets. Haven’t kids been playing with those rub on tats for years , does that mean they are going to grow up to be tatooed crazies because that licked and sticked a spiderman to the top of there hand when they were 6… I have tatoos, the worst my kids did was try to pull them off. Can we get mad about something real like why are the new transformers adult proof,I can’t figure em out to save my life. Thanks

18. Liz March 5, 2009 at 9:48 pm #

Skipper had tattoos years ago. They were sticker tattoos, but tatoos nonetheless.

19. V March 5, 2009 at 10:28 pm #

I don’t think there is anything wrong with this Barbie. Tattoos are an integral part of American culture and to criticize the doll is hypocritical. I would buy this doll for my kids. I bought pregnant Midge. I was a little shocked at the thought of a pregnant Barbie at first, but when I saw it packaged with her “husband” Alan, I was glad that Mattel at least thought to try to keep some morals in there. If you want a doll to rail against and protest, try Bratz. Those things encourage indecent and immoral behavior. Look at their clothes and makeup! They are not alloewed in my house. To Mattel, I say Rock On!

20. V March 5, 2009 at 10:34 pm #

I also think it is funny that all these people that are protesting the doll are using terms such as “skank” and “tramp”. I am a lot less worried about any of my 4 children being influenced negatively by tattoos than I am by language like that and what they watch on TV (which, I might add, I monitor quite closely.) And for those wondering, yes, I have tattoos. Nine of them, to be exact.

21. k.sal March 6, 2009 at 12:40 am #

oh my gosh people. if you dont like it, dont BUY it. get over it!!! its not horrible. its not like shes got graphic tattoos or the tattoos are depicted negatively. theyre butterflies for crying out loud. how does a tattoo make someone a “tramp”? just curious. when that can be proven, then i will be convinced. until then, im only convinced the people complaining have nothing better to do with their lives.

22. Jenni March 6, 2009 at 12:51 am #

Cracker Jack has had tatoos for as long as I can remember. Why is this such a big deal?

23. Jenni March 6, 2009 at 12:53 am #

Guess what, people. If you don’t approve of this, you might actually have to tell your kids “no”.
    They can’t have everything they want.

24. stephanie March 6, 2009 at 4:32 am #

you guys are nuts. I’m sorry but the world is not ending cause of tattoos. It’s a form or expression and personally, you’re so closed minded to other peoples lives when you judge off of someones skin.

25. Linda March 6, 2009 at 12:11 pm #

As a collector of Barbie, I have the Butterfly arts Barbie and many oyher collector dolls I’m looking forward to buying this one,If others don’t want there child to have it don’t buy it.The way I see it, Its the sign of the times so many people are getting tattoos

26. Goon March 6, 2009 at 3:01 pm #

Tramp stamps are nothing. Yeah, but does she have the shaved puss?
    How about a Hell’s Angels stamp over the puss?

27. danielle March 9, 2009 at 6:31 pm #

this barbie is cute and fun. kids luv temporary tattoos and they where them all the time. so what’s so wrong with barbie having a temporary tattoo. if u don’t like it then shut up about it and don’t buy the toy for your kid. stop complaining. this world has too much to worry about, then a barbie.

28. Stacie March 11, 2009 at 10:03 am #

Moms have lost their dang minds!!! This barbie does not even have one tattoo on her body and the
    tatoos she comes with are washable!!!! Hello, people everywhere
    you go has washable tatoos…Plus I never really got how people have a problem with all these toys and all you have to do is not buy the toy for your child….concept?? I think so…

29. Megan March 11, 2009 at 10:43 pm #

i think most of you people are nuts! look around and see how many people have tattoos! you are the minority here! i have lots of tattoos and i am not a skank or trashy. your 5 year old isn’t gonna go murder someone because she’s putting a heart sticker in barbie! get a life. you should worry more about your kid becoming anorexic due to how anatomically incorrect barbie is! wow!!! you people amaze me!

30. billy kendig March 12, 2009 at 3:35 pm #

The theme should be 909 Barbie. Comes with 4×4 and Nascar bumper sticker, cooler of olympia, and tat gun so kids can freehand thier own work.

31. casey March 16, 2009 at 12:54 pm #

I don’t understand what the big deal is. No one got this upset when they started selling temporary started selling temporary tattoos years back. So many have tattoos nowaday that it’s not like a 5 or 6 year old doesn’t know what one is anyway….by the way just because a chick has a tattoo,it doesn’t mean she’s trashy.

32. Jamie March 16, 2009 at 1:41 pm #

Omigod people! It’s a tattoo for crying out loud! Oooohhhh nooooo, the children of today are going to wind up convicts because Barbie had a tattoo…. Sheesh. My daughter has fake tatties plastered ALL over herself. She loves them! I have two large tattoos and my husband has 1. We plan on getting more! And since when does having a tattoo mean a woman is trashy?? And why aren’t men considered trashy if they have tattoo’s…. Hmmmm. Maybe you people should wake up and realise that tattoo’s are pretty main stream now. Everywhere you look you see them. I bet even your ‘perfect’ soccer mom neighbor has one hidden under her clothing somewhere! I love my tattoo’s! Why can’t Barbie have tattoo’s? I am totally buying my daughter one of them, because I love that Barbie is expressing herself, and trying to become her own person. (Theoretically.) Why wouldn’t you want your child to be her own person and express herself? I’m not saying with tattoo’s, but through other child appropriate means. Such as art or writing… BTW, my son is going to be tattooing me in a few weeks, so bite me haters! lol

33. jeff b March 18, 2009 at 1:50 am #

Here’s a really funny video about the new tattooed Barbie:

34. TR March 19, 2009 at 12:04 am #

I see nothing wrong with this….I see little girls and boys running
    around all the time with the little stick on tattoos you can get out of
    the candy machines at Meijer and so forth…its just something fun, its not like
    they’re telling your children go out and ink up!…Its just a barbie doll!

35. TH March 19, 2009 at 6:23 pm #

I just bought 5 of them!!!!

36. leavebarbiealone April 30, 2009 at 10:40 pm #

wow. well if parents are upset about this barbie, maybe temporary tattoos should be taken off the market as well. stop over analyzing. little girls don’t look at barbie and say oh i want to get a real butterfly tattoo on my arm, or mommy i want breast implants for my 5th birthday. its all the adults in this world who waste their time overanalyzing everything and take away the joy of childhood. you’re not being asked to play with it, if your kid asks for a tattoo (which is unlikely) you tell them no and explain that they’re way too young to make permanent changes. start with better parenting instead of blaming toy companies for all the problems with todays youth.

37. Paul O'Flaherty May 1, 2009 at 9:41 am #

LOL – I’m wondering how many barbies will end up with a trampstamp and
    a tattooed crotch??

38. emily May 1, 2009 at 11:39 am #

Whats all the fuss about this babrie..so what it has a tattoo and comes with wash off tattoos. Its never been a problem before about kids having transfers and now just because it has a tattoo everybodies making a fuss..pathetic!

39. KatieB May 4, 2009 at 9:41 am #

What are you talking about – children don’t look at Barbie and say ‘I want to get a boob job because Barbie has one’. Of course they do!!!! That it why imagery is SOOOOOOO important in our culture. You are nuts if you don’t think this will affect childrens’ views of themselves and others and tattoos. Why do you think companies advertise – where have you been living under a rock? That’s right – people aren’t affected by what they see and so that is why the Pussycat Dolls is full of overweight ugly girls and film and pop stars all look like John Candy – I don’t think.

Anyway, I do think it is quite funny – I guess they will be getting her a trailer to live in too?

And will there be a pregnant Barbie next do you think? And don’t call it Barbie, call it Britney!

40. Trish May 5, 2009 at 3:07 am #

Oh my word!! Some of these comments are hilarious!!! Never did I imagine that stickers could stir up so much emotion!! Thank you for making me smile! Its a toy!! I liked playing Charlies Angels when I was a kid, and ran around with a toy gun, but Ive never wanted to fire a real weapon! Get a grip lol

41. lolafligh34 May 14, 2009 at 10:17 pm #

greeeaat. tramp stamp barbie.
    KatieB, there’s already been a pregnant barbie.
    you know what? i am really disappointed in Mattel.
    Sure, i can understand the Dora thing, but now Tattoo Trash
    Barbie? i dont think i’ll be buying my niece any barbies anytime soon.

42. Charlie Brown Eye August 10, 2009 at 10:20 am #

for those of you w uneducated biased comments about tattoos, u need to educate yourself b 4 u put u post ur opinions. tattoos have been around for centuries..they are decorative & spiritual. why has there not been an overweight Barbie released yet or diabetic Barbie..considering tthe U.S. has the largest pop in the world of these types of kids..but you would rather have ur daughters looking at a “false pretense” Barbie.. get real. the major problem is the parents when u instill a concept in a child at a young age that labels something as negative..there are way too many negative sterotypes u teach children at a young age..why dont u teach them about different cultures & the tru m,eaning & origin of tattoos????

instead of buying your child a tattoo barbie just run out and get them the corvette barbie dream car so they can realize when there older that american cars suck. Why dont they have a honda hybrid car or toyota. common people if you dont want a tattoo dont get one. same goes for a doll. only people without tattoos judge people with tattoos. ive never looked at a person without tattoos and said aloud “what a waste of a good canvas”.

43. Darren Horler July 16, 2010 at 3:15 pm #

I wouldnt mind if my little girl was playing with this Barbie. A small Tattoo on the
    shoulder is nothing to be concerned about. I do not approve of the Bratz dolls though. They
    are a bounch of trashy looking dolls with makeup plastered on. Barbie still has acceptable
    style for there taget buyers.

44. Average Joe October 20, 2011 at 8:59 am #

Newsflash – If you have tattoos, you are a skank, just like the new Trailer Park Barbie.

45. 東京 tattoo タトゥー November 1, 2011 at 11:56 pm #

so good irezumi

1. Busy Bee Blogger - Celebrity Gossip can be sweet! - March 4, 2009

[…] You KNOW Barbie’s getting a Tramp Stamp for her 50th -Daily Stab […]

2. Tattoos are officially clich - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum - March 5, 2009

[…] and ran out of being unique when Barbie does it. Maybe next year she’ll get a tramp stamp. Tattoo Barbie Mattell Pics Pictures Video | dailystab.com __________________ This comment was prepared as a service to the FZ6 Forum community. […]

3. Midlife Crisis Barbie » Teeny Manolo - March 5, 2009

[…] in 1999, was heartily rejected by the market) Barbie is getting some ink, and this time, she can share it with your little girl! She comes with a set of tattoo stickers, which can be placed anywhere on her […]

4. The End Of Civilization As We Know It « Just Flip The Dog - March 5, 2009

[…]   Quote: The new “Totally Sylin Tattoos” Barbie has hit shelves just in time for spring and she’s alrea… […]

5. Mattel Introduces Tramp Stamp Barbie « Cuter Than Jesus - March 5, 2009

[…] Oh and despite some concerns from parents, Mattel has no plans to discontinue the doll, saying “she gives girls a chance to express themselves and be creative.” [Daily Stab] […]

6. Weird News - March 5, 2009 | Sugar Land Newspaper - March 5, 2009

[…] Tatoo Barbie […]

7. Barbie Tatuada salió al mercado y generó polémica - Cuerpo y Arte - March 5, 2009

[…] todos pensaban que la no tan famosa y ya vieja muñeca Barbie estaba por acabar, salió una nueva. En este caso no se trata de la Barbie surfista, la Barbie lisiada o la Barbie enfermera… […]

8. Tattoos are officially clich - Page 2 - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum - March 5, 2009

[…] and ran out of being unique when Barbie does it. Maybe next year she’ll get a tramp stamp. Tattoo Barbie Mattell Pics Pictures Video | dailystab.com Is she from your own personal collection lol? Nelly __________________ "Some […]

9. Barbie gets a "tramp stamp" - Philadelphia Speaks - March 5, 2009

[…] gets a "tramp stamp" Tattoo Barbie Mattell Pics Pictures Video | dailystab.com […]

10. JRMojo.com » Tattoo Barbie: Fun or offensive? - March 9, 2009

[…] Mattel has introduced a new Barbie: “Totally Sylin Tattoos” Barbie comes with temporary tattoos for both Barbie and child to wear.  This is the second time the company has tried to release a doll accompanied by temporary tattoos; the first was not well-received by parents and was pulled from the shelves.  Read more… […]

11. WTM #1050: Barbie vs John Cage « bart • wreck - March 31, 2009

[…] obesity rates but then again bland anorexic good looks are a kind of parallel body image.  ~ Mattel recently introduced “Totally Stylin Tattoo Barbie” in the form of “Totally Stylin’ Tattoo Nikki,” Barbie’s brunette version.She comes with a […]

12. Parents Get Something Else to Bitch About. « South Jersey Skin Ink - April 23, 2009

[…] a damn life!  The whole reason that parents are mad is because there’s an accessory that can stamp tattoos on to the kid. What is the difference between that and the press on tattoo that you can get out of the 25 cent […]

13. Barbie’s Got Body Art | Love Body Art - May 20, 2009

[…] can just guess that some people won’t be happy about this, right?  Well, according to DailyStab.com, Mattel isn’t giving in to those aggravated parents and has said that it will not discontinue […]

14. Amy Winehouse Wants To Be A Barbie Doll « Gossip @ R Web - November 16, 2009

[…] Mattel Introduces Totally Stylin Tattoo Barbie […]

15. OT - I'm bored, Part Salo! - Page 317 - October 5, 2011

[…] stamp Barbi ??? Tattoo Barbie Mattell Pics Pictures Video | dailystab.com __________________ HOW GOOD IS […]