Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell & Jude Law Donate Earnings To Heath Ledger’s Daughter | dailystab.com

heath-ledger-matilda.jpg

News was released back in Feburary, after the sudden and tragic death of Heath Ledger, that Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Jude Law would all three be stepping in to fill in for Heath in the movie he was filming at the time, ‘The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus’ .

Now all three actors have donated their earnings from new movie to Heath’s daughter Matilda.

They wanted to give their money to Heath’s two-year-old child with actress Michelle Williams to ensure she has a secure future.  The movie’s director Terry Gilliam said:

“The three actors were totally heroic coming in. This doesn’t happen very often – where there’s a tragedy like this, and very famous, very successful actors suddenly say, ‘OK, we’ll do whatever it takes to help.’ They came, they did the work, they allowed the movie to be finished, they didn’t take money – the money goes to Heath’s daughter. That’s extraordinary! I am so glad these guys are so humble. That’s why they make a great addition to the film. It will be bittersweet seeing this movie knowing he was filming it only days before he died. This picture still hurts to see because as we all know he did die a couple of days after this picture was taken. My thoughts will always be with Heath.”

How amazing are these guys?!  So sweet.

Johnny, Colin and Jude will all play Heath’s character Tony as he is transported into three separate dimensions, which he accesses via a paranormal mirror belonging to a travelling theatre troupe.

photo – inf

Tags: , , , ,

41 Responses to “Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell & Jude Law Donate Earnings To Heath Ledger’s Daughter” Subscribe

1. Pam August 15, 2008 at 1:35 pm #

That gave me chills. Those guys are amazing.

2. Fiftyone August 15, 2008 at 2:42 pm #

I call BS. Keith’s daughter doesn’t need that money, she is the daughter of a rich actor who will get millions when she’s older. )Why didn’t they give the poor? Why not give it to people who need it? Why not give it to the families of the soldiers who came back without heads and shiv.
    BS. BS. BS. BS. Publishity stunt.

3. Hayden August 15, 2008 at 2:48 pm #

What does she need millions of dollars for?
    Her mom is Michelle Williams.

Give the money to something that actually needs it.
    Like Cancer research. Or kids in Africa. AIDS research. Something.

The rich taking care of the rich. Whatever.

4. Aaron Day August 15, 2008 at 3:00 pm #

I think it’s a “honoring Heath” thing more than anything else.

5. Fiftyone August 15, 2008 at 3:44 pm #

Duck Kieth! Duck him in his dead dusty ass. Poor kieth poor poor kieth what a tragity oh such a tragity. PUKE !

Do you know how many children are slaughtered every day in palestine? Do you know how many children are raped and slaughtered in Dufar?

The REAL tragity is that the American people are so ducking shallow they don’t care about shit.

6. IC August 15, 2008 at 3:47 pm #

Let us not forget ever about the evil pharm companies..

and their poison

7. Mike Jones August 15, 2008 at 3:55 pm #

@ Fiftyone
    It’s Darfur you dipshit.

8. Marvin August 15, 2008 at 4:16 pm #

while I understand the comments of those saying
    “why not give to someone who really needs it?”

I think in a way it’s that attitude that is in itself shallow.

The gesture is meant as respect to a friend, it’s not about the money.

This young girl is worse off than any poor girl who still has her father.

9. Fiftyone August 15, 2008 at 4:24 pm #

@marvin

I guess, i mean that is unless the poor girl’s father is givin her the pipe or something.

Still, i would trade my daddy for a couple million bucks.

10. Fiftyone August 15, 2008 at 4:26 pm #

Wakka wakka wakka

11. Cal August 15, 2008 at 5:13 pm #

oh dear. first his name is HEATH with a H retards. and all of his money went to his parents as he hadn’t updated his will before he died. and michelle willams might be an actress but she’s not exacly earning millions now. come on!

it’s his friends looking out for his daughter. chill out.

12. Darc August 15, 2008 at 5:25 pm #

> Still, i would trade my daddy for a couple million bucks.

Thanks you man, my saliva’s just spurted out of my mouth ! XD
    (TMI, I know)

And thanks to Cal for calming down the raging a**holes…

13. Alberto August 15, 2008 at 7:56 pm #

Come on her dad just died go easy on her
    why don’t you guys donate to charity instead of bitching
    and imforming everybody about things that they already knew…

14. Sydney August 15, 2008 at 9:17 pm #

What a touching gesture.

The men are gentlemen indeed. I could not imagine growing up
    without my dad, and knowing he died needlessly.

BRAVO

15. NeoYankee August 15, 2008 at 9:26 pm #

@ the various and sundry haters…

What exactly have *you* done to help the causes you’re crying about?

Here’s an idea… donate the $30 bucks a month you (or more likely, your Mom) is paying for broadband to a worthy charity and spare us the pathetic spew coming off your jizz-stained keyboard.

Jeebus.

16. Gip August 15, 2008 at 11:06 pm #

I agree that there are more deserving causes. Though Ledger’s money
    may not be directly in her name she’s no doubt going to benefit from
    the money he made and that which his estate will continue to earn.

Yes, nice gesture, but that donation to an outfit like Plan USA (yes, I
    donate!) would make a much larger difference in this world.

17. Fiftyone August 15, 2008 at 11:20 pm #

I don’t know why people are so bent out of shape over this guy. I mean brokeback mountian wasn’t exactly a major contrabution to the modern world. He was a dude who made women (and some mentally challenged men (yes that’s a gay slur)) wet their panties. That’s about it. I say the world is better off with one less false idol running around. Good riddense. Let’s just hope his daughter doesn’t grow up to be a coke slut like all the other lik hollywood princesses.

18. aaron August 16, 2008 at 12:26 am #

It’s their fucking money. They’re obviously somewhat more intelligent
    than you, seeing how they’re the ones making millions. They probably
    have a pretty goddamn good idea on how they want or need to spend
    the money they make. I’m sure all of them have donated to some bullshit
    charity at some point. Did it ever occur to you that maybe they actually
    like Heath’s daughter and want to make sure she’s taken care of? When
    you stupid fucks make a ton of money, which you never will, you can try
    and make a decent assessment on how you’d like it blow it. But until then,
    shut the fuck up and quit polluting the internet with you’re negativity.

19. In Awe August 16, 2008 at 4:01 am #

To so generously give to a friend whom was taken and will never walk the earth again is the most unselfish gift a human can make. I am so proud of these Actors to help one of their own. May one hundred times the amount come their way for the gift they have given. No one should be taken early in their life and leave a helpless child behind. I hope all good things come to them all.

20. Charlotte August 17, 2008 at 5:29 am #

Essay Here, okay…I can’t even get close to relating to the death of my father, as I still have him. To those bitching about a 2 year old who’s having to grow up without a father, seriously guys. Her fathers friends are respecting his memory by helping his daughter and wife out, who have been left out of the will. When your father dies, will his best friends honour his memory and give their own money to help you out? It takes a decent guy to do that – let alone 3 – in the world where (not most, but a lot) of actors and actresses are stuck up high-ups, they are making a film which will give them god knows how much money, they are donating it ALL to their friends child. So stop talking about charity already! Heath Ledger’s probably given a lot to charity already, in the world where money is everything, that’s also decent. And to the one who said “Duck him in his dead dusty ass”, first, what do you mean by Duck? And if all you’re going to do is disrespect the dead and his family, then why bother! If your father died, and someone said that, how would you feel? In the future this poor girls going to Google him and hear that, hear everyone slagging off her and her father. She’s going to go away believing you, believing her father was really as bad as you say, and not the truth: that he was an amazing, if not the best actor of his brief time, who inspired many with his work and, my god his smile. All we can do is show our respect, and hope that she also honours his memory by becoming successful and not running in other celebs footsteps. You say you hope she doesn’t, well why are you even going to think she is? Frances Bean Cobain hasn’t has she? RIP Heath, and my deepest sympathy to his family and friends, it’s all we can give to you now xx

21. XB August 19, 2008 at 11:46 am #

FYI.. Heath’s daughter didnt get a penny after the actor died. Heath’s
    parents recieved what he had left in the world which was under $100K.
    Heath’s parents also get his earnings from the Batman film.. now hopefully
    Heath’s parents will do the right thing and create a trust fund for her
    so when she turns 18 she will have her fathers estate.

22. Alison August 20, 2008 at 1:31 am #

I think some people are so cruel and what to give judgement on everything and everyone. It’s there their money and they decide what to do with it. Personally I think its a nice gesture they did and it is a tribute for Heath! May you rest in peace Heath Ledger! My memory of you is of an amazing actor and I will honour you memory forever in my heart!

23. lidia August 20, 2008 at 2:11 am #

they’re simply amazing!! here is where you see really good people. matilda won’t have money problems, but it’s a nice thing.

24. shannon August 20, 2008 at 10:39 am #

It doesn’t matter if these 3 guys donated to a charity, or to Heath’s daughter, Matilda. What ever happened to just helping a friend in need? Passing Kindness along…WHERE EVER it’s needed! I’m willing to bet the jerks posting those terrible comments are just jealous b/c they still make minimum wage! Get a damn life losers!
    And Heath was a great actor. Quit putting him down just b/c his passed. Find a new hobby!

25. brent August 20, 2008 at 4:42 pm #

how much did the donate ? does any one know ? its their money and they can do what ever they want with it !!!!!!!

26. Lola August 20, 2008 at 6:59 pm #

For all yu people dissing the actors for giving their money to that little girl who has lost her dad. when you earn your money do you give it to cahrity? no i don’t expect so. do you spend it on what you want to spend it on? yes probably. they earned the money so they should spend it on what they like. Most actors go to benefits and donate no end of money to good causes. and unless you have a copy of their bank statements how are you to know that they don’t donate to charity? if yu are so worried about it why don’t you donate your next pay packet to a good cause??

27. Geekygirl August 20, 2008 at 10:12 pm #

Hey Fiftyone…
    I’m sure that when you die there will be people who will say….
    “good riddance” too. You’re ignorance and black heart show
    through loud & clear in your words.

The three dudes are making a gesture of love and compassion,
    to a fellow actors child. Something of which you know nothing
    about.

All three actors are fathers as well. It’s was a natural and kind
    thing for them to do. Nothing more.

Love & Light…

28. camila August 23, 2008 at 9:34 pm #

ithink its so generou and i dont agree with Fiftyone.. ledger dads kept all the money cuz in the testament said it sdo. the wrong its that the testament was made b4 matilda was born.. these guys are so generouus!!

29. rusmos October 3, 2008 at 8:40 am #

well, cill folks thay are just watching out for a dear friends daughter, how many would do that. I am sure that they are aware of other children in the world who are in need.well and for the dude about kids in palestine, everybody in america knows , not many support israeli aggression and occupation. Peoples views are not always posted. you as an individual start doing something instead of asking others to step in…just chill…

30. CM October 3, 2008 at 12:38 pm #

Johnny Depp and the other two actors have heart. To bad more people arentlike them.

31. mike October 3, 2008 at 1:18 pm #

its heath u stupid morons not keith

32. myame October 3, 2008 at 5:34 pm #

I think it is an act of total generosity…making sure a fellow human being’s child is secure for the most part of her life. Isn’t that what having kids and making money is for? Security? And as far as your third world countries go…well, we need to take care of our own before we worry about others..if you choose to send your money to them, fine. I’d rather feed a kid in the U.S. So bravo and kudos to the actors who thought less of themselves and more of Heath’s little girl.

33. KJ October 3, 2008 at 6:29 pm #

Fiftyone, you are an asshole.

34. galilleogirl October 3, 2008 at 10:04 pm #

It can be so intriguing yet at the same time so disgusting to read what is in the minds of some people who take time out of their busy or “not so busy” days to comment on the affairs of Heath Ledger’s estate and “where’s the $$$ going”. Although perhaps a bit offbase, it somewhat reminds me of a scene from the movie Jerry Maguire. And bless his beautiful heart of course for winning the Oscar and I’m not toalking about you Tom. I’m talking about Cuna Gooding, Jr. in the role of NFL football player doing his best and trying his HEART OUT, Rod Tidwell. Yep, I think most of you can remember if you happened to see the movie THESE UNFORGETTABLE LINES:
    “Are you ready, Jerry?- I’m ready. Here it is. Show me the money. Show……me …the…..money…!
    Say it with me, Jerry. – Show you the money”. There now, so you’re probably asking yourself and saying out loud: “what the hell is this chic talking about?” HERE IT IS………
    “IT DOESN’T MATTER TO YOU OR TO ZEUS OR TO FUCKING FRANKENSTIEN OR HIS BRIDE where the hell Heath’s estate went or to whom!” It is certainly most admirable and obviously a great show of dedication to a friend, fellow actor, his widow, and child that JD, JL, and CF stepped in and finished his work. I can bet you all one thing, it wasn’t easy for any of the 3 of them. I’ll bet it was a very sad experience but they stepped up to the plate and did what friends do. As far as the $$, family inheritance and ridiculous stupid speculation goes: please, please, please, All who can’t say something decent…SHUT THE FUCK UP! Show respect to Matilda! Show resptect to Michelle! Show some respect to their family! Show somw respect to three incredible friends and actors! MOST IMPORTANTLY: SHOW RESPECT TO HEATH!!!! He is not here to speak for himself at this time but in a place where we all hope to be one day. And it is not hell or some idiotic idea of a suffering limbo or firey eternal doom. Any body out there?? Heath would be too cool to even you give you negative fucks the time of day. Go home and uselessly blog and spread your ugliness elsewhere. Better yet, STAY OFF THE INTERNET AND GROW SOME BRAINS, HEART AND DIGNITY.

35. galilleogirl October 3, 2008 at 10:14 pm #

quick re-entry…Apologies…Sorry Cuba for the misspelling of your name. And Tom, Jerry was a good character too.

36. Jill October 7, 2008 at 12:16 am #

geez shut up you bashers.. their gesture was really nice. >>;

37. nicrara October 8, 2008 at 7:57 pm #

wAnna talk too depp

38. Leah Diaz April 1, 2009 at 4:34 pm #

Dear. Manager;

I sent you a nice email it took me awhile and effort to do so. If you are interested in saving a life by donation or funding let me know. Then I will explain again in detail. DOES ANYONE REALLY CARE FOR A CANADIAN!!!!!

Sincerely, Leah Diaz

39. chelsea November 26, 2009 at 4:25 am #

Okay, look…these guys are just doing what they can to help. You people whoa re complaining because they didn’t give thier money to a charity, have you given money to a charity? How do you know they don’t already give money to charities? Do you think you know every little bit of these actors lives that you can make that kind of judgement? Until you do, I think you should refrain from making assumptions and negativity. And as for “fiftyone”, I hope that is not a reflection of you age, for that would show that you are indeed with little hope for the future and are very ignorant, be careful what you say. You may say good riddance to Heath Ledger, but if you continue to post things like that, every other person on this site will say good riddance to you. Now if you are in fact “51” I say you should grow up, act your age, and stop being less mature than someone over 30 years younger than you. It is pathetic.

1. Hollywire's Hot Gossip Links of the Day - Friday, August 15, 2008 | Hollywire.com - August 15, 2008

[...] Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Jude Law Donate Earnings to Heath Ledger’s Daughter [DailyStab] [...]

2. Grapefruit Daiquiri and a Floating Lounge Chair Links » Ayyyy! - August 15, 2008

[...] The Good Guys: Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, and Jude Law (DailyStab) [...]