Days Of Our Lives Stars Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall Fired | dailystab.com

deidre_hall.jpg

No! Not Marlena!

The New York Post is reporting that the producers of the long-running soap opera ‘Days of Our Lives’ have fired two of the shows biggest stars, Drake Hogestyn (John Black) and Deidre Hall (Marlena Evans) in an effort to cut back on the budget.

NBC has released the following statement on the decision:

“Days of Our Lives’ has decided to rest the characters of John Black and Dr. Marlena Evans. After a year of separation, John and Marlena will finally reunite before exiting the canvas in early 2009.”

Hall began her stint as Dr. Marlena Evans in 1976 on Days of Our Lives. She left the role in 1987 to focus on the NBC primetime drama, Our House, which aired until 1988. She came back to DOOL in 1991. She is the only actress to play the role of Marlena.

Hogestyn joined the show in 1984.  Days of Our Lives is the only daytime drama currently airing on NBC.

For more on Deidre Hall CLICK HERE..

Tags: , ,

51 Responses to “Days Of Our Lives Stars Drake Hogestyn And Deidre Hall Fired” Subscribe

1. Fan November 22, 2008 at 9:30 am #

I doubt it’s the end of Marlena & John, everyone seems to die
    and return….or go on extended trips away – not too worried…..

If they do intend on keeping them off permanently – who is to
    get fired next? Hope & Bo? Abe & Lexi??? Stefano????

2. Martha November 23, 2008 at 7:37 am #

This is ridicolous. If they think the show will survive without them,
    they are a lot more stupid then I thought. Drake and Deidre are the
    heart and soul of the show. When they leave the show, I will leave too.
    And I won´t watch the show unless they bring them back. When John and
    Marlena leave, Days will lose viewers, BIG TIME. And trust me, they WILL
    feel it.

3. Disgruntled in NY November 24, 2008 at 10:59 am #

How can you fire 2 of the biggest characters on Days???? If it’s to cut back on the budget why not fire some of the new comers like Melanie?? Marlena and John’s story has not ended by far and by getting rid of them you are only making things worse. Long time watchers of Days won’t have much of a reason to stay around if you keep making drastic changes like this.

4. Pat November 25, 2008 at 12:59 pm #

I don’t think this is right,they have been there the longest
    they will be missed,
    does either one of them have an account on my space?
    hope the producers have a change of heart & keep them on this show

5. Nicole November 25, 2008 at 7:16 pm #

I can’t believe this…there is so much other dead weight on that show that they could get rid of! Instead they choose to get rid of the only two people who make the show! I will not watch after they are off air and thats a promise NBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. BJTodd November 29, 2008 at 8:34 pm #

As a viewer since the show’s inception believe me I’ve seen many characters come & go. To lose “Marlena & John” will truly break the show’s back. I’m sorry to be honest, but truly some of the other characters truly need to given to “door.” Bad acting is a problem along with a sorrowful story line, good grief. As to the writers, I think school children could write a better plot line. Day’s fan base has continued to wane as the writers continue to “wean” away from the original characters that initally started the show. What is wrong with continuing along that vein? Whenis the last time that the show has received a daytime Emmy much less an award for one of the actors, quite a while. Why? Bad writing, & poor story plots, thats been the problem with this show for the last 10 or so years. Give the actors some story & lines with some “bite” for crying out loud. I’ve also noticed for some time that the show continues to cater to the younger population,which is ok. But please take notice, if you took a poll you would note the “lasting” fans of this show are those that started watching the show in the its early years. Too bad, as this show will go to the graveyard of a few others that survived for years until bad writing & wrongful casting took its toll. The producers really need to re-think their position on this matter as they might be joining the ranks of unemployed. I’m sorry but when those two characters go, so will I and a huge group of the actors fans.

7. Eddie December 3, 2008 at 12:22 am #

This si bull S*&T….These are the best best characters….If someone with high paying salary has to go ti should be Patch and Kayla as they’ve jsut come back and really have been given garbage since they’ve returned. Marlena and John are my favorites and I have only been watching for three years with the exception of grade 3. I don’t know if I can keep watching, if they leave. My guess is they want ratings to drop so they can cancel the show, much like Passions. They have no interst
    Whatsoever in keeping a daytime drama on their network and it clearly shows with the actions that they’ve taken. I’d even be happier to see Stfano gone since theytoo have given him garbage to work with. How about EJ as well. We need to keep the regulars not the newcomers who have made ratings drop. Boy, I was sad to see Nick go, but after finding out about these two I can’t even worry about him. I will be devasteted and will have to switch off Days for As The World Turns. I’m sure CBS or ABC would be happy to have Days of our Lives since they could work some decent storylines intot he show.

8. ashley December 3, 2008 at 1:02 am #

If they go I go…no doubt about it!! I started watching days becuase of them and I reduse to watch it w/ out them on it!! These people would be crazyyy to let them go..the show will suffer for sure w/ out them!

9. Cassy December 3, 2008 at 6:37 am #

I have been watching Days of our Lives for 22 and a half years and i think that NBC is making a very big mistake getting rid of Drake and Deidre. Besides Kristian and Peter (Bo and Hope) they are the longest running supercouple on Days and to lose them you indeed will lose alot of fans. I also agree with some of the other comments about coming up with some good storylines if they intend to keep their viewers and stay on the air for longer. I remember a couple of years ago when they were at the verge of going off the air because they were losing viewers and they came up with thw Salem Serial killer plot that brought alot of viewers back and they are still standing. Now they are saying that Days wont last past 2009. If they get some better storylines and rethink firing Drake and Deidre they might make it to their 50 year anniversary. DAys of our Lives is the longest running soap opera on television and everyone thought that would last forever. Please dont take away Days it will be very sad to see them go.

10. Josh December 5, 2008 at 1:18 pm #

I think if they had to make cuts on the show; get rid of kristian alfonso and peter reckell because nothing ever happens to them on the show. they may have had some problems but not like john and marlena. this is bogus. its because of the economy they probably want to cut them out. I think the producers should listen to what the fans have to say. i love this show I don’t want anybody to take it off the air i’ve watched it for at least 10 or 11 years. i’m in some ways getting sick of bo and hope they drive me nuts. but john and marlena are perfect for each other. if any producers that read this please don’t get rid of drake and deidre they deserve to stay on; if you had to make cuts cut out kristian and peter since they always get credited for their parts. if days goes off the air; their will be no more watching of soaps. instead of getting rid of people (if it were an option) to reduce their salary pay instead of firing two lovely characters from the show. Days is the best soap opera their is. I wish someone was brave enough to tell the producers this and how everyone feels about losing drake and deidre. instead get rid of bope (or) bo and hope (peter and kristian) if days were to end by 2010. I hope everyone enjoys the last few episodes that their are to come. I know I will.

11. Trip December 6, 2008 at 8:01 pm #

Drake and Deidre are a critical value component to the show. This will seriously alienate the base viewers further. If they are having a problem with the show, maybe they should write more swashbuckling and romance back into the scripts. I know advertising revenues are down for the networks but like the nations newspapers, maybe they should examine their editorial messages and left leaning stance on politics. It’s really turning off people and more importantly the corporations that would spend money on advertising.

12. Sonja Case December 8, 2008 at 12:57 am #

Dedrie Hall and Drake Hogestyn Fired: Stand Up and Speak Out
    They are staples on the show. MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO WATCH ARE IN THEIR 30’S AND 40’S AND
    GREW UP WATCHING THEM. Get rid of Max, Stephanie and especially Melanie…so annoying!!!
    Don’t get rid of the only adults on the show…I’ve been watching it since I was 16…i’m 42 now…i
    grew up with them…I always wanted Marlena to be my mother…her character is great and survived even
    after some kooky kooky pots…She just getting interiesting agian…Let’s Save Them!
    Here’s some contact info of the people who are trying to ROYALLY SCREW UP D.O.L.L

This is the way it lays out.
    Jeffrey Zucker is head of NBC
    the corporate phone number is 212-669-4444. They won’t put you through, but if enough people
    call eventually they will take notice.

There are two fax numbers: 212-669-4426 and 212-669-5705

NBC is owned by GE who is run by Jeffrey Immelt
    I haven’t been able to find yet the corporate phone numbers but his house address is
    705 W. Rd New Canaan Ct 06840

Sony Pictures owns part of Days
    Michael Lynton is had of Sony Pictures
    310-244-5722

Corday Productions
    Production phone number 818-295-2820
    Calling your local station will also do a little good. They do have connects at corporate.

I found three addresses for Ken Corday

1035 Santa Monica Blvd
    130 LA CA 90025

10343 Valley Springs
    Toluca Lake, CA 91602-2933

285 Ocean Park Blvd 300
    Santa Monica CA 90405

13. Sonja Case December 8, 2008 at 1:22 am #

Says:
    December 8th, 2008 at 12:57 am
    Dedrie Hall and Drake Hogestyn Fired: Stand Up and Speak Out
    They are staples on the show. MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO WATCH ARE IN THEIR 30′S AND 40′S AND
    after some kooky kooky plots…She just getting interesting agian…Let’s Save Them!
    This is the way it lays out.
    Jeffrey Zucker is head of NBC
    call eventually they will take notice.
    There are two fax numbers: 212-669-4426 and 212-669-5705
    130 LA CA 90025
    10343 Valley Springs
    Toluca Lake, CA 91602-2933
    285 Ocean Park Blvd 300
    Santa Monica CA 90405

14. Kelly December 9, 2008 at 1:57 pm #

OMG! Get rid of Nycole!! I can’t believe they would do this! I am so upset!

15. Sonja Case December 10, 2008 at 12:25 am #

GET RID OF MELANIE, MAX AND STEPHANIE…THEY ARE SO ANNOYING…ALSO BO AND HOPE ARE BORING PUT THEM ON A LEAVE…
    JOHH, MARLENA, SAMMI,
    NICHOLE, EJ, AND ALL THE KIRIOKIS’S ARE THE BEST CHARACTERS…
    HOW STUPID CAN A NETWORK BE????????

16. pat December 11, 2008 at 7:56 am #

do not get rid of any of them,I love bo and hope & not so much about marlania & hjohn,they have carried this a bit to far!

17. debbie December 11, 2008 at 1:47 pm #

How bout getting rid of the man whore dr who cant make a commitment to anyone? Now he is after Cloe?Unreal…..I am not a big marlena or john fan, but still they are an integral part of the show…I have been watching since 3rd grade with my mom, i am now 54….what would i watch at lunchtime…..lets not let days become a statistic of a poor economy..they have plenty of money to kekeep this show going for their loyal fans

18. erica lynn December 28, 2008 at 5:05 pm #

I have been watching this show since 4th grade-I am now 30. I can’t even fathom getting rif of marlania .She is the mother to half of the current younger characters on the show!! John can come or go for all i care, but not marlania! I think that everyone else is right. Why not cut out other characters to save $$ like patch or chloe. How about another Serial Killer!! That was great!! They could kill off all useless characters like Tony and his woman. Or Dr. Dirt.

19. Fran December 31, 2008 at 12:32 am #

Well you finally did it. Getting rid of John & Marlena big mistake. The two top stars of the show. What you did to John is Unspeakable. Making him look and sound like a zombie. I don’t know where these writers came from but they should go back under the rock. If you want to get rid of people fire the young ones. I have watched this show since 1965 and it is my favorite. I fell in love with the Hortons. It is time to get rid of the writers and some of the young people. They are useless.Bring back the veterans that we love. Did you ever stop to think why the show never wins an Emmy or noone on the show does? Get with it people. Mr Corday, I’m sure your mother is turning over in her grave to see what you did to her show. Get new writers and get rid of the young crowd. You brought back Steve & Kayla, never see them. Keep Marlena and John and fire Melanie, Max and Stephanie. This show does not need anymore young people.

20. Vicki January 6, 2009 at 12:28 am #

I have been watching Days of our Lives since 2yrs after it came on the air. If John & Marlena leave the show it will be a big mistake. Viewers who have been watching this show as long as I have will not want to continue. Before long this will be a youngsters show. You are alienating all your loyal viewers who have watched for years. I thought that was the whole idea of soaps, keep your fan base & your viewers watching. Are you intentionally trying to get rid of your loyal fans who have been watching for years? You will lose so many viewers at this rate nothing will be left to keep you on the air because you will have lost your following. Maybe that’s what you want? To axe the only show left on NBC now & send viewers to the other staions since you no longer need us? HUGE MISTAKE is all I can say. I hate to lose my daily fix but pretty soon there won’t be anything there to be worth watching, will be just a waste of time.

21. Nola January 24, 2009 at 11:51 am #

I am 51 yrs. old. I have watched days since I was around 10 yrs. old.
    My mom watched it. My daughter watches.
    Taking Drake and Deidre’s characters off is the biggest mistake!!
    I hate some of the new people (characters).
    I will not watch days. I’m finished. It will be boring without the characters of John, Marlena, Stefano, Maggie.
    How is Miss Horton??

22. Cat January 24, 2009 at 12:20 pm #

I’ve watched this show off an on for over 30 years, and in recent
    decades only because of the John and Marlena characters. Frankly,
    I can’t see a reason to keep watching. This is
    surely the death knell for the show and I expect we’ll see a full
    cancellation before too many months go by, simply because of the
    viewership loss this is sure to cause.

Sadly, this is a growing trend in broadcast television. Scripted
    dramas are expensive to produce and the networks desperately want
    all of us to stop wanting that kind of entertainment in favour of
    all the cheaper “reality” foolishness they keep trying to shove down
    our throats. I gave up long ago and pretty much only watch cable.
    NBC,CBS and ABC have nearly nothing to offer these days. The end of
    an era…..

23. Amber McSherry January 24, 2009 at 2:40 pm #

I’m not a big fan of John & Marlena. They are so predictable. But I do not want them to leave the show. Days is not Days without them! I’ve watched the show with my mom and aunt my whole life. I’m 23 now. I really hope this doesn’t mess the show up. I want to see more of Sami that’s about the only good story line right now. I actually do like Melanie, I think she will shake things up a bit, especially in the Kiriakis house with Phillip. It’s good to have new characters once in a while but getting rid of people who have made the show what it is will be a huge mistake.

24. CLM January 24, 2009 at 5:21 pm #

I’ve been watching since 1985 and I’m thrilled I don’t have to watch John and Marlena anymore. I fast forward through most anything that has to do with them. They are dead weight.

25. Narges January 24, 2009 at 6:21 pm #

I’ve been wachting days since 5 years now only because of john and marlena.they both are the topstars of the show.It will be boring without the characters of John, Marlena pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bring them back on the show and if you don’t then is that a biggest mistake in your life. You will lose a lot of viewers without Jonh and Marlena. The two of them are super and why don’t u fire the new characters? They are so boring. Days of our lives is nothing without John and Marlena and I will never watch days anymore, because it is so boring without John and Marlena.

26. Ruth January 27, 2009 at 12:15 pm #

I started watching Days back when it started. I was just a kid, but my mother, grandmother, aunts and cousins all watched and from our conversations, someone would have thought the Hortons were at least our neighbors, if not members of our family, too.
    If Drake or Diedre had wanted to move on, I think fans would have been more accepting. But to fire the heart and soul of the show… well… ADIOS, NBC. My DVR won’t be taping daytime anymore.

27. Marte February 2, 2009 at 3:08 pm #

I don´t see the reason watching Days now, I agree with Narges, Days will
    be soooo booooring without them there. No, actually, Days will be NOTHING
    without them there. Good luck Ken Corday, you really need it… hope you
    get your feet back on earth some day soon.
    There is just no point watching Days now, they have sucked all the fun
    out of it.
    John and Marlena will always be in my heart and memory <3

28. pat February 5, 2009 at 4:22 am #

I hope they have a change of heart, I am getting sick of the baby
    switch, it is getting to be boreing & I think they ought to get this
    settled pdq
    and wish cloe would make up her mind who she wants ,this dr is
    breaking all the rules of being a dr,
    and getting tired of the bs of steffino,what happened to his butler?
    think he will finally break & go to the good side,

29. kaymayscool February 9, 2009 at 5:46 pm #

I have been watching Days since I was 7 years old and I am 50. I am a huge fan and will always watch the show. While it is sad to lose a character you love….they always seem to bring in new and exciting characters. Look at how long Steve and kayla were gone, only to bring them back…how exciting! For the newbees…they had no clue who they were…bt I loved it and also to have cameo appearances by Doug and Julie who were long time players of the show. Heck, even Josh Taylor who plays Roamn was gone for some time…he actually played a character named Chris Kozichek before coming back as Roman. Just hang in there….they will keep it going and new and old players alike will keep the plot interesting and fun.

30. george brown, abbotsford bc February 14, 2009 at 11:17 pm #

hello people wtf you

31. ann February 27, 2009 at 11:29 pm #

Please bring them back. You know exactly who I’m talking about.
    Otherwise we will be watching them on another show. Thanks, Ann

32. Linda March 11, 2009 at 7:21 pm #

I think letting them go is a BIG mistake!!! If you have to make cutbacks, then why not let some of the new ones go. Some of them can’t even act very well. John and Marlena are the backbone of this entire show. Like Bo and Hope. They gonna leave next time they wanna make cutbacks too? It just doesn’t make any sense. Why not give your main characters, who are the best at what they do, better story lines then they have had. Focus on them which is what made the show what is is today. Well, what it was. They are alot more important, interesting and entertaining than alot of these new kids they’ve got coming on the show that doesn’t even know how to act very well…

33. Pam March 14, 2009 at 4:43 pm #

I have been watching Days of Our Lives since I was 5 years old. My grandmother, my mother, my sisters, and now my daughters, ages 15 and 12, all watch Days. I am 45 years old, and in 40 years of watching this show I have seen the good and the bad moves that Days has made. This is by far one of the worse moves that Days could do to their show. I have been to several of the Soap Opera Awards and have taped, or set the the DVR to the program to be able to watch them at night when I was unable to during the day. I watch no other TV programs except the Biggest Loser.

Now that I have established my commitment to your show, I ask as all these other dedicated viewers’ have asked, Please reconsider the choice about Drake and Diedre and bring them back as a stable couple with no more weird problems with John’s memory. I thought that Days would eventually make them to be the “mr. and Mrs. Horton” of the 21st century. The base of the reason we as viewers have watched the show. Family, Love, Commitment, Wisdom, and encouragement that stands firm for all of the other shinanigans taking place around Salem is what John and Marlena have paid their dues in experiences through trial and error. Give tham the foundational position that they deserve to have and that this show has been lacking since they have lost their base when Tom and Alice were unable to be that anymore. John and Marlena deserve the “Tom and Alice” position, and I believe that this position would earn the awards and the notibility that Days of Our Lives has been looking to achieve for many years. Go back to what worked and allow the generations beyond your committed viewers to experience the good ole of days.

I don’t want to threaten to leave the show, I love Days of Our Lives, but in the same respect there isn’t going to be a show if we are losing the viewers that have kept this show going even during the times it shouldn’t have. We are your committed viewers and to completely ignore our requests is a slap in the face to our patronage of your past success. Furthermore, I know that times are tough and the costs of the production is probably a challenge in itself, but with some scenes about coping with real family issues concerning money and settling towards a more reasonable charity line of helping people through economical hardships John and Marlena would be instrumental in providing a return to a “family that works together through hard times stays together to rebuild,” story line. What an awesome hope many viewers’ could gain from this. I hope that someone is there to hear my ideas, as I would love to see Days of Our Lives rebuild to the “only talked about” daytime show that would send it’s ratings through the roof. Please don’t do to us what was done to us with Another World. Be a stronger wiser company through this tough time and show us, the fans that you hear our pleas.

34. Linda March 16, 2009 at 12:06 pm #

Well, I’ve read all the comments above and I must be one of the oldest one commenting on this. I’ve been watching Days since it first went on the air, I’m 60 now! I agree that although John and Marlena did get stale at times, they did have the most dramatic story lines. These writers are the absolute pits! Have you ever listened to Lucas’s dialogue, whether it was him and Sami or him and Chole, his lines don’t change. I think they should fire him, he is the worse actor on the show, then Melanie. II had always been a big fan of Patch & Kayla, but at 50+ years old, Patch needs to get a job, a haircut and a new jacket. Their storyline is no where. They could take Hope off too, it’s always the same storylines for these people. Get writers who can write, and keep actors who can act. I won’t leave Days, I’m addicted, I look forward to some mundane show to watch when I get home from work. Producers…bring back “that’s a fact” and Doc.

35. krista March 16, 2009 at 3:12 pm #

I have been a very big fan of Days since I was a kid.
    I am 34 years old now…Marlena and John are indeed
    the stars of that show and to fire them shows poor judgement
    on the producers part…Get rid of the kids.. like Chelsea,
    Stepahanie, Melanie and “Kate” man she irks me…lol..I would
    love to see Shawn and Belle come back too but I guess there is
    not much chance of that happening when their stupid enough to throw
    away the stars of the show…It’s bad enough when an actor dies in
    life and we have to get use to them being gone or get used to looking
    at someone else as them ….I am sure this is a decision that will cost
    them greatly in the end…

36. Carm May 11, 2009 at 5:22 pm #

I have been watching this show since I was a child, Im 32 now. I remember the melody when I was just an infant and I have fond memories of my mom tirelessly devoted to the show. Well now I’m older and obsessed. It brings me warm memories of my mom and somehow the show and her are tied.
    I am striken by disbelief that the writers would take these 2 valueable characters off the show. She has been on the show longer than i have been alive.

Marlena and John just go hand in hand with days and I miss them even if this is fiction.
    Its still are part of the viewers lives, a lifetime in my case.

37. sunny carr May 12, 2009 at 6:41 am #

I have watched DOOL since its inception. Terminating the characters of John and Marlena is not the way to address the budget – how foolish….think about it, they to a large degree made Days what it is today. Stop introducing new characters; use the story lines to show the complex lives of the main characters….give the “show” some traditional “character”. i think John and Marlena have many lessons to teach as the true adults on the show – otherwise, you have “kids and hormones” acting out all over the place. I fear that Victor and Dimera will go next…and they offer another the viewing audience a different view of “family” than John and Marlena…there is room for everyone…cutbacks should be in the shows administration….my guess is that the administration is “”top heavy”…idea: cut the execs salary and invest in a show that could not only entertain, enlighten, but be the “model” for soap operas and not the “example” of poor administration.

38. brian June 10, 2009 at 8:58 am #

Getting rid of John after he finds out he is the brother of the man
    he has been fighting for 20 years without finishing the story was
    foolish, there is a 100 different things that they could have done,
    to end it with him been paralyzed by a new character that had nothing
    to do with anything was terrible..I mean tell us that this woman was
    hired by a Dimera..this could have been the payback to Marlena for
    putting Stefano in a coma….Now Steve and Kayla are gone well, not
    really the actors are gone the characters are just home with baby
    Joe???…NOW all this junk happens to Stephanie, almost shot,
    kidnapped and we are just to believe that this hot headed crazy one
    eyed nut wouldn’t try to kill EJ???? they dropped the ball with these
    4 characters big time!!! So what do they do with some of the rest left
    they make a tough cop have visions??? they kill one off falling down
    stairs??… I understand we have to move with the times and yes we
    cant keep all the “old timers” around forever…. but at least..
    have a good story line send off…….

39. Lucie Thibodeau July 23, 2009 at 11:09 pm #

After 32 year of listening with fidelity this show, let me just say that I am realy dissapointed about those decisions that you made about a lot of decision. The only hope off romance that I am still waiting for is between Samy and EJ someday soon, becaus I am relly boared whrite now with the storys going on. Because we have lost the BEST romantic couple of the show Marlena & John I really think that would be a good move to put those two at last together to make more romane and a happy now romance with all they’re childreen reunited and put Nicole out of the picture. That would be a ggreat consolation, at least for me. Thank you for taking time to read me.

40. Johnie Gaines August 3, 2009 at 1:02 am #

When Maelena and John were fired they took away the heart of the show. Dr. Tom died and it was heartbreaking, then Alice and Mickey became to ill to be on the show. The show centered around John and Marlena. They were the best. The writers/producers made a horrifying mistake. The only thing we have left is the Evil Kate, the Dimearis and Kireakis. Whose to say is more evil than the other. I have been watching days since January 1966 am an avid watcher. I lkie Sami and she is a magic star, but she can’t hold a candle to Marlena. Please bring them back. Forget those villianous Alamains. Just get back to the ever loving and compansionite, John and Marlene, They kept us sitting on the edge of chair just wanting to see what was going to happen next. No one was or will top the Blacks.

41. Sam October 2, 2009 at 1:31 pm #

Today, Fri. Oct. 1–who in the world were those 2 characters in the last 60 seconds of the episode? They showed a man & woman arguing in a living rm. She said: “I can’t beleive I married such a monster” He said: “I can’t believe I married such a bitch!” Then she stabbed him! I’ve been watching since 1970 & I have never seen either of these 2 people? Did my TV go crazy or did a glitch in the system occur? I did NOT know these 2 characters? Anyone else see this? Thanks

42. Heather December 5, 2009 at 1:08 pm #

i think days needs a lift why cant they bring back john and marlena
    yes melanie is annoying if steve and kayla could see the way there daughter
    is acting on days they would kick her butt.i been a drake hogestyn fan since
    2005 and been in his fan club since 2007 to 08.

43. Heather December 5, 2009 at 1:13 pm #

nicole,sammi,ej,rafe,brady,all they do is argue over the baby.if that baby
    baby could talk wonder what she would say.just think now kate is tonys
    step mom that is crazy.they use to date.the storylines are getting crazy
    i just watch it just to see what happens next with these silly salem
    people.

44. Amanda December 29, 2009 at 1:44 pm #

Ok, I like Melanie. She’s got charisma. Let’s get rid of Stephanie(blah). And Chloe
    and Daniel (boring). And Lukas (even though he only makes occasional appearances..(yuck)
    Bring Billie back. Really give Hope something to worry about. She doesn’t deserve Bo anyway.
    She leaves him everytime she doesn’t get her way. Lose the boyscout (Brady). Nicole’s pretty
    much a gonner. Keep Sami (my fav) and Rafe(so hot!) Put Arri with EJ. Send Kate and Stefano
    on a decade-long honeymoon. And for crying out loud bring Marlena and John back. Oh…and
    keep Roman and Anna on. Roman needs a woman!

45. tina August 12, 2010 at 10:54 pm #

i think with as the world turns leaving the air if days does not bring back marlena john belle shawn steve kayla we will not be long behind them i would like to make the 50 anaversity they make the show they are another tom and alice please bring them back

46. VIRGINIA January 14, 2011 at 12:22 am #

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING DOOL SINCE 1968, AND NOW I QUIT BECAUSE YOU TOOK MARLENA AND JOHN, THEY MADE THE SHOW, I AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED AND SO ARE MY FRIENDS UNTIL THEY COME BACK I’LL RETURN

47. hannah March 22, 2011 at 12:33 am #

I have been watching dool’s since i was in high school. John black and marlene evans were the corner stone of that show period. I been hoping and wishing that the net work station would reconsider and ask them to come back. I mean it not only killed off marlene and john but the entire family including belle and shawn where have they been? did you all fire them too? with the new characters day time have now i rather trade in at leave 4 of the crappy actors/actresses to bring those 4 back. I think pretty much would agree that those 4 actor’s/actresses perform a heck of alot better then some of the new people that been added to the show. It pretty much only reason I watched the show. Now with a couple other day time soaps gone (which i also use to watch like Passions and as the world turns ) is the network trying to sink dool’s too? If not they are doing a super job at it. I barely tune in anymore. If you want more viewers bring back the characters that mattered otherwise continue on the path to destroy a once popular and entertaining show.

1. Black and Tan Links » Ayyyy! - November 22, 2008

[...] Bloodbath on Days of Our Lives! (DailyStab) [...]

2. Hot Momma Celebrity Gossip Monday Links 11-24-08 | Hot Momma Celebrity Gossip Blog - November 23, 2008

[...] Daily Stab covers Days Of Our Lives Stars Drake Hogestyn And Deidre Hall Fired [...]

3. The Beaver Pond » Sunday Night Celebrity Links - November 23, 2008